On Wednesday (Oct. 25), Eminem’s manager Paul Rosenberg posted a picture on Instagram holding up the copy of Yelawolf’s new album Trial by Fire. Paul wrote: “Look what arrived at the Shady offices today!”
But Paul is holding the CD in front of a window that faces a building with an ad on the side for a medical product called Revival. On the ad, the “E” is written backwards, per Eminem’s logo.
We found the full ad online, placed by Interscope Records, along with the website for the “medication” Revival. A closer look at the website reveals a couple key clues about why Eminem’s new album might be called Revival.
At the very bottom, a disclaimer reads, “REVIVAL does not cause these side effects, but if you have them you should for sure seek medical attention, ‘I need a doctor.'” It’s a clear reference to Eminem, Dr. Dre and Skylar Grey’s 2011 hit song song “I Need a Doctor.”
At the top right corner of the website, there is a phone number for customers to call. When you call that number (1-833-243-8738), you hear “I Need a Doctor” melody played on a piano in the background. An automated responder begins speaking by saying, “Thank you for your interest in Revival, the number one slightly invasive treatment for Atrox Rithimus. You only get one shot to beat AR.” It’s another clear reference, this time to the “Lose Yourself” line, “You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow.” As you continue to hold on the line, the voice casually says, “We give you some serious f**king credit for sticking through this ad.” The voice also references lots of hilarious side effects, including a burning sensation when you pee, and a chilling sensation when you pee, too.
There is also a video on the website with at least 2 more references to “Lose Yourself,” and both the video and copy on the website contain explicit language. Does not seem like something that a professional medical company would do. And one more thing, Atrox Rithimus, the condition Revival is supposed to treat? That is completely made up. It does not exist.
There is even more, too. At the very bottom, it says the product is “Manufactured by Popsomp Industries.” In 2009, Eminem’s management launched a viral website called “Celebrity’s Rehab.” At the time, Eminem used his first ever post on Twitter to post a picture of himself standing outside a building called Popsomp Hills. And if you say Popsomp Hills fast you are actually saying “Pop some pills,” referencing Relapse pills and D12’s song.
Afthermath’s Producer FredWreck, who has worked with Eminem, also tweeted the ad with blonde guy emoji on the mic:
— FredWreck (@Fredwreck) October 26, 2017
Below are the sum up of all the facts that might prove the theory!
1) Ad uses a backwards E… traditional Eminem symbol;
2) “Seize the moment” – “Sing For The Moment” reference;
3) Website ad plays beat very similar to Dr. Dre’s “I Need A Doctor.”
4) Repeated references to “Lose Yourself” within the adverts… “I won’t miss my one shot,” “It is easy to Lose Yourself”, “Fever, Sweats, Chills and also Sweaty Palms.”
5) Googling “Seize the moment with Revival” returns no ad related results… It is a possibility of a fake ad.
6) Manufactured by Popsomp Industries… The same way Eminem introduced ‘Relapse’ with Popsomp Hills rehab clinic website.
7) The ad was shown in the background of Paul Rosenberg’s Instagram post promoting Yelawolf’s upcoming album Trial By Fire… It has to be the real ad.
8) Scrolling down the bottom of the website, it says ‘Ask for Help “I NEED A DOCTOR”‘
9) Drug promoted is ‘Canticum Remedium’… Possibly saying “cant I cum”… FACK 2 CONFIRMED? Hahaha
10) Canticum Remedium when translated from Latin means “song cure.”
11) Calling the number – 1-833-2GET-REV – plays “I Need A Doctor” as the hold music.
12) Also, the advert redirects to Interscope Records website.
13) On their Facebook Page, their bio says “REVIVAL could be music to your ears.”
14) There is a man/phone tap reference “Highly Combustible Head.”
15) There are 9 vertical lines in the Revival logo, meaning this will be Em’s ninth album.
16) Website says the ad expires on 21st of November, looks like the release date of the album.
REVIVAL will be the name of Eminem’s new album! WAIT AND SEE.