Yesterday, Eminem was interviewed on Sway In The Morning to promote Southpaw Movie. Besides that mind-blowing freestyle below are 13 things that we learned from the interview:
1. “Kings Never Die ft. Gwen Stefani” was recorded in one session and Eminem freestyled that ‘Khalil line’
2. Eminem always sleeps with headphones.
3. Eminem’s favorite producers are Dk Khalil, Just Blaze and Denaun Porter. (Em you forgot about Dre?! Haha)
4. Except for the Nike shoes Em has no other preferred brand.
5. Eminem’s manager Paul Rosenberg was signed to Salley’s label SLum Village as a rapper. Em didn’t remember if Paul was a good rapper or not.
6. Em and Paul were joking about swapping roles: “Em as being manager and Paul will rap”
7. Sway congratulated Em for diamond certification for ‘Not Afraid’ and ‘Love The Way You Lie. He asked him how much sale is a diamond for album. Em said ’60 copies?!’ and then Paul backed him up and said 10 Million copies.
8. Em says the history of ‘Billy The Hope’ character in Southpaw movie is inspired by his life.
9. He wanted to focus on making music at the time, he just got two songs away from finishing The Marshall Mathers LP2 so he couldn’t accept the role. It’s physically humanly impossible for him to do” and Paul decided to involve in music side so they made the soundtrack.
10. Making beats for Jay Z’s ‘Renegade’ and ‘Moment of Clarity’ was the most challenging projects to him.
11. Paul answered the question about the chance of making Slim Shady Show Cartoon, and Em doesn’t even remember it.
12. Eminem has no plans to tour, and wants to return to the studio to finish the Slaughterhouse album.
13. Denaun Porter stole Eminem shoes that he wore on the red carpet of Southpaw NY Premiere. Proof below:
Listed by Southpaw Editor: Shailesh Chilkoti
Listen to the full new Eminem interview on Sway In The Morning, Shade45 below: